Your Academy website is the ideal way of helping and guiding parents and children on topical and important issues. Internet security is very much one of these!
- FKBKO - Beko is here to teach you everything you need to know about internet safety. There are 3 levels – beginner, intermediate & advanced, so you can be sure that there’s something for you to learn!
- CBBC Stay Safe - Do you know how to stay safe online? Dongle the rabbit will teach you all he knows with his video and quiz.
- Safe Surfing With Doug - Find out about safe surfing with Doug and his friends.
- Grid Club - The cybercafé within Gridclub is a safe online community where you can make choices without getting hurt. You can join in the fun at the cybercafé by playing the game. If your Academy isn’t teaching the Internet Proficiency scheme through Gridclub, why not speak to your teachers about it and tell them how exciting it is!
- Kidsmart - Kidsmart gives you lots of advice on how to stay safe online. There’s a section for kids under 11 years old and a separate section for those over 11 years old. 4 great games will test your online safety knowledge.
- McGruff - McGruff is a Crime Dog - world famous for his advice on how to stop crime before it happens, and for his great sense of humour! Some of his work involves teaching children how to stay safe online. Check out the different areas of the site – there’s so much to learn!
- Net Smartz Kids - Be totally cool and show your friends how much you know about Internet safety by watching the video clips on here. There are also loads of activities and games that will test your knowledge!
- Newsround Quiz – Internet Security - Test your knowledge of internet safety with this quiz from CBBC Newsround. There’s also further information if you’re not sure on anything.
- Safe Kids Quiz - The Online Safety Quiz is your chance to show that you know how to be a safe Internet surfer. Answer each question and, when you get it right, you'll go to the next question.
- Safe Kids – Internet Safety Rules - Here’s a list of rules to help you stay safe when you’re online. How many of them can you remember? Why not print them out and put them up next to your computer.
- Sid’s Online Safety Guide - Become an internet safety expert with Bizzi Sid by collecting codes and playing cool games.
- Surf Swell - Surf Swell island provides you with lots of adventures in internet safety so that you can collect jewels to take to treasure palace – are you brave enough to take the challenge?
- Think You Know - The “Thinkuknow” website is brought to you by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) centre. You may have seen some of their video clips on National TV recently. There’s a lot of information here for both children and adults – parents even have their own area of the site! Teachers have the chance to train from the professionals and then deliver suitable training in Academys.
- Safety Land - Safety land is normally a very nice place to live, but a nasty character is sending yucky emails and messages. Captain Broadband needs your help to find the nasty character. You need to navigate around Safety land answering questions. When you have answered them all correctly, the nasty character will be taken to jail and you’ll become a certified hero, just like Captain Broadband.