We are aware that the Newark Hill Academy needs to comply with the public sector equality duty. We are committed to equality, based on the following core beliefs;
- We accept and understand everyone for who we are and what we do 'All different, all welcome'.
- We play an active and welcoming part in our community and take pride in the environment that we share.
- We nurture determination to become life-long learners with unlimited aspirations.
- We ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We want to make sure that our Academy is safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We ensure that people from different groups are consulted and are involved in our decisions, for example, through talking to parents, carers, pupils, staff.
- Our curriculum offer CHILD encompasses equality, inclusion and diversity.
Please see our Equality Objective Statement here
At the Newark Hill Academy, we are committed to equality.